Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life is Like a Cupcake...I can never get enough


It could be the everlasting sunshine of dry season, the rush of friends and family that have come to visit, the plethora of new vocabulary my 2 year old pronounces with such enthusiasm each day, or just the sheer joy of inhaling and exhaling, but right now, I just feel like I can't get enough.
During my pregnancy with Brooklyn, I seriously consumed 2 dozen confetti cupcakes in one sitting, with frosting! I include the fact that it was during my pregnancy, but anyone who knows me, knows that anything which includes flour, sugar, and frosting in the same serving will disappear entirely as fast as it is set out in front of me. And even after one of those binge sessions, I am still left craving more. Such is life. I can't get enough, but even if I tried, I couldn't squeeze in one more bite. Perhaps if the calendar started dishing out more than 24 hours in a day, or more than 7 days in a week, I could relish in each moment a little longer. The sun invigorates me, my children make me laugh and smother me with loves and kisses, and my husband and I are enjoying our 10th year together. I feel grateful for the sweetness that I am experiencing in my life right now, and I give thanks to the Hands that have given me these gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment