Sunday, February 22, 2009

MUSIC AND ARTS FESTIVAL



































I took the kids to the gym on Saturday to jump on the trampoline, I had completely forgotten the music and arts festival was taking place and the dancing and music was happening in our gym. I had also taken my sisters kids with me because she has deserted me this week for sunnier days in Mexico. Well, Brooklyn was delighted to see costumed dancers in there, but all the boys were very dissapointed and immediately begged to go home. I shared Brooklyn's opinion and wanted to stay to get a little culture. I had to bribe all the boys with a trip to the gas station and an allowance of $1 a piece. The cost was well worth it for me and I enjoyed myself thourougly. The boys all had alot of fun too (especially while they thought I wasn't watching,) although Hudson (my nephew) would only admit it if we slipped him a little laughing gas! The African drumb portion was my favorite, probably because it sent me back to my roots, and it was all I could do not to stand up and start dancing. I will be enrolling in African dance classes soon, I hope they will come teach them at our facility. It is fantastic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment